Transition to Bradfield
Moving from primary to secondary school can be the most exciting and possibly daunting prospect for our children to experience. We are well aware of this at Bradfield School, which is why we have worked hard to ensure a full and supportive programme for our new pupils. We make every effort to get to know them as well as possible by developing strong links with our feeder schools, by providing a full transition programme ensuring continuity of learning and by helping them to become ‘secondary ready.’
97% of our current Year 7 pupils and 93% of their parents felt that they had settled well into Bradfield school by October half term, with additional support given to those that still felt a little unsure at that point. Many of our wonderfully friendly year 7 pupils are now eager to become Transition mentors to help your children to enjoy their transition process and settle just as quickly.
You may also find the information via the links below helpful to start to prepare your children for the move to secondary school.
Please download the Parent and Carer Information July 2023 from the bottom of this page for a copy of the presentation delivered to families on Monday 10th July 2023.
KEY DATES - TRANSITION 2023 -2024
- Year 6 Welcome Evening – Wednesday 22nd March 6.00 – 7.00pm
- Bradfield Transition Team visit Primary Schools – Spring Term - To meet pupils and liaise with Year 6 teachers
- Family Quiz Night - Thursday 25th May 5:30 – 6:30pm
- Uniform Evening – Summer Term, Date and times to be confirmed.
- Transition Days at Bradfield School - Wednesday 5th, Thursday 6th and Friday 7th July - All Year 6 students.
- Additional Transition Day – Friday 30th June - We will contact students who are joining Bradfield School on their own or in a smaller group to invite them to this event.
- Year 6 Parent Information Evening – Monday 10th July 6:00 – 7.00pm
- Summer School - Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st August 2023
- Term Starts - Tuesday 5th September 2023
More details about each event will be sent home nearer each date.
Please contact school should you have any queries about your child's start to school in September.