Remote Learning Offer
During remote learning, the normal timetable is being delivered remotely to all students, including form time and assemblies. The majority of these lessons are delivered live through a secure Microsoft Teams platform, with a few being delivered via pre-recorded material. When school is only open to a few, mainly to key workers' children, they follow the same timetable as those at home.
When students are at home self isolating whilst others are in school, students will still be sent a Teams invite to join the majority of their lessons live, other than practical lessons in KS3. Please refer to the 'Blended Learning' letter below which sets out the specific details, including protocols for students, staff and parents / carers.
In all cases, teachers are expected to provide:
- Bespoke planning for each group in order to meet the needs of all individuals including those with SEND
- Stepped, sequenced learning which builds on prior learning
- A clarity of instruction which ensures all students know what they are expected to do and aim to produce during each lesson
- Feedback to the student (to support next steps in learning)
- Mechanisms for student feedback to the teacher (to adapt teaching as required)
- A register of attendance/engagement for each lesson
- Judgements of progress
Lessons are fifty minutes long rather than the standard hour to allow for breaks away from screens between each session.
Students are also able to access Century Tech work in English, Maths and Science to complement this provision.