Operation Compass : Domestic Abuse Support
Operation Encompass is an initiative which enhances communication between the police and schools where a child is at risk from domestic abuse. The purpose of the information sharing is to ensure schools have more information to support safeguarding of children. By knowing that the child has had this experience, the school is in a better position to understand and be supportive of the child’s needs and possible behaviours. Operation Encompass will complement existing safeguarding procedures. More details and support can be found on the links below and numbers below.
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Abuse Helpline Tel:0808 2000 247 Free phone 24 hour
- Rape Crisis National Helpline Tel:0808 802 9999
- Men's Advice Line Tel: 0808 801 0327
- Samaritans Tel 116 123 Free phone 24 hour
- GALOP national LBGT + domestic abuse helpline Tel 0800 999 5428