Music Curriculum Intent
Music is an art form that enriches our lives and is a valuable part of the whole school Bradfield curriculum. We, as a department pledge that all students get the musical experience and cultural enrichment they deserve through the development of the following:
- Knowledge and appreciation of listening and identifying the key musical elements that define a song, style or genre.
- Creativity through performance, instrumentation and vocal melody.
- The achievement of creating their own music through composition, notation and aural skills.
- The opportunity to build their own cultural capital knowledge through the experience of a wide range of musical specialisms and enrichment activities.
Key Stage 3
The music course at key stage 3 provides students with the necessary knowledge and understanding to progress into Music GCSE. It covers a wide range of skills and activities for students to become familiar with the subject content. Each key stage reflects the main assessment objectives of the GCSE course as well as the core knowledge of the subject as a whole.
Key Stage 4
Students follow the AQA GCSE course. This covers the following key themes:
- Western classical tradition 1650–1910
- Popular music
- Traditional music
- Western classical tradition since 1910.
AO1 is performance and is covered throughout all units.
Music Revision Resources: