Learning at Bradfield
At Bradfield School we recognise the most important thing we can do to enhance the life chances of our students is provide high quality first wave teaching each and every lesson.
Our agreed principles of effective teaching are:
1. High expectations of all children and what they can achieve
2. Effective explanations that allow students to acquire new knowledge and skills
3. Modelling of learning so that students understand how to apply knowledge and skills
4. Targeted questioning that makes every student think really hard
5. Deliberate practice that allows students to grapple with new learning
6. Feedback which helps students think about and further develop their work
7. Positive relationships based upon mutual respect between staff and students.
Our full teaching and learning policy can be found on the policies page: