In the event of a school closure
On rare occasions the school might have to close due to adverse weather or other factors (such as power failure). Our aim is always to keep the school open, but we consider the safety of students and staff.
The decision to close will be made by the Headteacher, after a risk assessment has been carried out. The school will aim to make a decision by 7am. Please do not ring the school to enquire about the status – we will be open as usual unless indicated otherwise via the communication methods listed below:
- On the school website
- On the school Twitter page
- As a message sent via MCAS
- School staff will receive a text message
- We will also notify the local authority, Sheffeld Council, who will update their school closures website
- You can also register for school closure alerts.
We may encounter a situation where the school is in session and the weather deteriorates during the day. In this instance a prime consideration will be for those students who live out of the area and / or use either the school bus or public transport. Any decision to close will be in conjunction with the bus companies.