At Bradfield, we strive to enable all students to build confidence and develop individuality. We aim to make students excellent team members with critical thinking, creativity and problem-solving ability.
Drama at Bradfield is about believing you can achieve. Our ambition is to create the most employable, motivated leaders of our future.
Key Stage 3 Curriculum Content
The drama course at Key Stage 3 provides students with the necessary knowledge and understanding. It covers a wide range of skills and activities for students to become familiar with the subject content.
· Scrip work and devising
· Play Review
· Lighting, Sound, Costume and Staging
· Performance, rehearsal and improvisation
· Our Day Out by Willy Russell
· A Christmas Carol
· Shrek the Musical
· Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
· Dr. Faustus
· Puppet Theatre
· Stage Combat
· Commedia Dell’Arte
· Scales of Justices
· Frantic Assembly
· Jukebox musicals.
Key Stage 4 Curriculum Content
GCSE Drama explores different skills and enables students to develop practitioner knowledge, text knowledge and written response in the form of a ‘creative log’ and play review.
The course is assessed through practical and written exams.
Learners will participate in the creation, development and performance of a piece of devised theatre using the techniques of an influential theatre practitioner or genre in response to a stimulus set by the exam board.
· A realisation of their devised theatre
· Portfolio of supporting evidence
· An evaluation of the final performance or design.
· Students study two extracts from the same text
· Students participate in one performance using the sections of text from both extracts.
· Written exam – Questions on a Set Text and Live Theatre Review.