Adverse Weather and School Closure
On rare occasions the school might have to close due to adverse weather or other factors (such as a power failure) that may mean the school has to close due to safety reasons. Our aim is always to keep the school open, but we must take into account the access routes to school, the safety of students and staff on their journey and, the safety of the school to run safely and securely for the school day. The decision to close will be made by the Headteacher, after a risk assessment has been carried out. If you do not receive a message or there is no message on the website then school will be open as normal and these decisions will be taken by 7am at the latest.
Parents need to make their own judgement regarding the safety of their journey to and from school. If driving to school, please park considerately, given the possible increase in traffic.
Please do not ring the school to enquire regarding status. We are open as usual unless indicated otherwise via the communications methods listed below.
In the event of adverse weather conditions the school will aim to make a decision about any potential closure by 7am and will communicate this via the following methods:
• On the school website as the latest news item https://www.bradfield.sheffield.sch.uk
• On the school’s social media page – Twitter (@Brad_updates).
• As a message sent via parentmail via text message/email.
• School staff will also receive a text message via parentmail.
• We will also notify the local authority, Sheffield Council, who will update their school closures website at: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/schoolclosures
• You can also register for school closure alerts on https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/schoolclosures
We may encounter a situation where school is in session and the weather deteriorates during the day – a prime consideration is for those students who live out of area and/or use either the school bus or public transport – our decision will be based in conjunction with the bus companies. Once again we will share information via Parentmail, social media and the school website throughout the day.
Information regarding the buses can be found:
PLEASE NOTE: The school website will ONLY inform you of closure if there is no message then the school will be OPEN.